Saturday, December 24, 2011

Just because I need to write

Here's an interesting thing: I love to write. I have specific pieces of writing that I need to do, pieces of writing that can help to enrich myself, my neighbors and the world. I have put off writing them.

What's up with that?

The real question is, "What will it take to break through whatever's up with that?"

Complicated, sophisticated answers may exist. I believe the most powerful answer may be too simple for words - namely, the act of writing, itself. I could spend a great deal of time trying to figure out why I'm not writing more, and/or trying figure out tricks to get myself to write more. Or I could sit down and start writing, like this.

This is now here. It exists. Fingers tapping keys become words on screen tapping brains: just lie still, you'll feel a slight pinch: Hippopotamuses in pink tutus dance weightlessly on tiptoe.

Now, that wasn't so bad, was it? And you won't even think about hippopotamuses for the rest of the day. Especially since I didn't even name the movie.

Oh dear. Sorry.

The thing of it, I have job assignments, pieces of writing that will matter, that deserve more and earlier time than hippopotamuses in pink tutus ever will.

Prospectuses matter more than hippopotamuses. For me, anyway, in my present context. The prospectus for 529 N. Homewood LP; the one for Homewood Capital Partners LLC.

Even more central, more critical, the first phase of the business plan for Luminaria Productions LLC.

Yes, I need to write these things. Quickly. Starting today and completing all within the next week.

Just write, grasshopper. Just write.

No comments: