Monday, September 22, 2008

CRASH

After my fascinating, exhausting, hyper-productive 10 days or so, I crashed over the weekend.

No, I don't mean that I spent the weekend sleeping. That would have been better. I spent the weekend wasting time. It was as if I was in a daze. For two days, I didn't focus; or at least not on anything useful or productive.

Ugh.

I didn't even do the list I promised, of what I had done during my up time. Here that is, anyway:

Post-Gazette stories:

"Video game industry a powerhouse." (Sept. 17)
"Seagate to close facility in Strip" (Sept. 19)

Hm, not much of a list. But that's because five others have not been published yet. Do I need to list the "My Homewood" posts? Nah, check the link to the right.

Now I'm shooting for a repeat, of the basic behavior if not of the numbers. I am on deadline for a story for the Heinz Endowments' h magazine. I'm taking the day off tomorrow (and staying up tonight, and probaly tomorrow night) to get that done. When I go back in Wednesday, I'll have two stories to write in three days, and I already have two on tap for next week.

Think I'll do that come-home-from-work-and-go-straight-to-bed thing Wednesday night.

No comments: