Thursday, January 29, 2009

First things first

Greg O. just did a nice post over at "25 Ways to Reinvent Your Life" about doing important things first. It reminds me of Jesus' line, "Seek first the Kingdom of God." "Seek first" may mean nothing more elaborate than making that seeking the first thing you do in the morning.

In any case, I was recently thinking that the act of doing anything at any particular moment says that I value that thing above everything else that I could be doing at that moment. Which leads to the notion that a good way to decide what to do at any given moment is to ask, "What's the most valuable thing I could do at this moment?"

Or at least it could be a good way to decide. On the other hand, it could lead into a thicket of indecisiveness: "I don't know what the most valuable thing that I could do at this moment is! I don't even know how to figure out what the most valuable thing I could do at this moment is!"

But I don't think that would be a big problem for one who knows what they value.

I'm half asleep. Ignore this. Just read Greg's post.

No comments: