Thursday, January 19, 2012

Motions toward a habit.

Wow, I said I would come back and it's been nearly a week.
So, I was saying, completing some projects, advancing others.

I left out, for advancement:
New Vision Bible Study & Fellowship
529  N. Homewood Avenue LP - launch

Yeah, I have a lot going on. A little bit of improvement at managing it all will unlock blessings for a lot of people.

Gotta work smarter AND harder...and A WHOLE LOT FASTER.

**************************
Last night, I rediscovered on online journal that I kept from Feb. 4, 1999 to March 7, 2001. I titled it, "Diary Of A Comet." It was supposed to be a chronicle of going from broke to rich. At blazing speed.

I haven't yet completed that journey. But in re-reading what I wrote 10 years ago, I was intrigued. I liked a lot of it. Maybe I should package it somehow and put it out there.

Annotate it? Reaffirm, elucidate or repudiate the thoughts I had back then?

How do I curate my life to uncover value?

(Don't make it harder than it has to be, kid.)

Perhaps the most striking thing about "Diary Of A Comet" is how faithfully I wrote. During part of that same period, I established for a time the habit of writing exactly 800 words a day, as calculating by my word-processing program's word count function. I did that because I had read somewhere that the average length for newspaper columnists' work was 800 words, so I figured that if I could learn to knock out 800 words a day, I could become a newspaper columnist. As I recall, it took me about an hour to write 800 words.

That could still be a good discipline. Heaven knows I need to get back into the daily writing groove.

No comments: