Friday, December 09, 2011

Managing Abundance: postscript

(NOTE: This post was originally titled "Cultivating Abundance: postscript")

I don't know what provoked that last post. Just feeling nervous, I guess. I am working to create value, I just don't have any entities promising me a paycheck. But if I'm diligent with all of my projects, I'll create too much value to not get paid.

My definition of diligence: working on everything every day. Need it be said: working a little bit on everything every day.

I want to work on one thing at a time for 3, 4, 5 hours. Long ago, I observed that focusing on one task for 3 hours or more induced flow.

But I have so many projects, and within those projects, so many small tasks each day - emails, phone calls - that maybe the Pomodoro technique would work well for me.

I'll give it a shot soon. But not tonight. Past time for bed, even if I did have a 1.5 hour nap.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: