Friday, September 19, 2008

Seagate pulls up stakes

Today (that is, Thursday), when I got to work, Brian asked me if I was chasing the Seagate story. We didn't know yet whether there was a story. I had placed a call before leaving Wednesday, but hadn't heard back.

As it turns out, there was a story: Seagate is shutting down the research center that opened here, in a new 200,000-square-foot building, in 2002.

I started this week planning to finish four stories for the upcoming diversity tab. Tuesday I wrote the video games story for Wednesday. Wednesday I wrote about gasoline prices for today (although it did not run), and today I wound up writing the Seagate story.

As a result, I stayed at the office til past midnight to write one of the diversity stories and to get started on a second one.

I plan to ask to work from home tomorrow. I think it will be easier to finish the remaining three stories if I do that. Plus, and this is a big plus, that would make it easier for me to get started on the story for h magazine that is due Monday.

I have written four stories and five "My Homewood" posts this week. Plus my posts here. No wonder I've been tired.

Sometime next week, I think I'll just come home and go to bed. Not even eat dinner, just go to bed. Just to see how it feels. Bet it would be delicious.

No comments: