Saturday, November 13, 2004

Yikes. Seven months, and what a ride it's been.

Most obvious big news: I have a new career. I am now a journalist, a reporter for the Post-Gazette (www.post-gazette.com). I am a *paid* writer.

YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

It still makes me want to shout. And to exhale. This, I expect to last. Not temporary, not seasonal, not "until I find something better." This, I want to be my last job.

Okay, okay - my last job working for someone else. Which is part of my definition of a job, actually.

I still need to finish some screenplays. I would still rather produce at least a couple of them myself than jump through the hoops as a Hollywood first-timer. But I'm not merely suffering my job until my art takes off. I'm enjoying it, and unless one of my movies makes me a millionaire before then, I want to stay at least five years.

No comments: