I haven't decided yet whether to make this an essay, a book, a video, or an outline for a discussion group. But while I'm figuring that out, fell free to rattle these bones:
- God is infinite.
- God is generous.
- God created the material world to reflect His infinitude through abundance.
- God gave humans the capacity, and the mandate, to manage abundance for greater abundance.
- Sin has made everything harder, but there is still enough of everything we need for everyone.
- When the Holy Spirit quickens faith in Jesus Christ, humans receive the life of God in all its fullness.
- God really, really wants to use His people to show off.
- Christians in particular should manifest the wisdom of God in cultivating the abundance of creation, and the generosity of God in distributing that abundance.
- Christians are to provide for themselves, their households, their extended families, fellow members of the ecclesia and the poor generally.
That's my view. What's yours?