Friday, November 17, 2017

Re-grasping The Plow: An Imagined Dialogue

And the Lord said, "Shut up and write."

"But I have this and that and the other..."

"Shut up and write."

"But what if nobody reads it?"

"Shut up and write."

"What if people read it, but they don't like it?"

"Shut up and write."

"But what if don't have the right words?"

BOOM! The object dropped is not big, but it is heavy, and raises a cloud of dust that has to clear before I can see it clearly.

"THIS....is a dictionary. You were saying?"

"Lord, please help me to write. Help me to write well. Help me get my facts straight so that I can write well. Grant me the discernment to suss out the truths embodied in the facts, and the courage to declare them. And if doing that results in me being more lonely than ever...could You just keep me company sometime?"

"I am with you always. I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Re-stoke the flame; let there be blood on the keys.

Starting slow:

Black Journalists Honor Homewood Men
Business Expo In Second Year

No comments: